Short hairstyles are the trend among Hollywood’s most glamorous celebrities, who are constantly showing off their latest short dos on the red carpet. Short hair can look great on every woman as long as it is tailored to her facial shape. The idea is to accentuate the positive features of her face while de-emphasising the negatives.
Shorter hairstyles are simpler to style and they look great on women of all ages. The only downside to short hairstyles is that they can be a little difficult for someone with a round face; the concept is always to elongate the face. For this you must keep your hair length at least past the chin. A long bob is ideal, but stay away from styles that are too straight or extremely curly cuts. This will accentuate the roundness of your face.
Layered Styles with Bangs: One of the better ways to make curly hair look great is to layer. For a layered style, get some layers near the crown and some layers at the hair ends, to make the hair look tapered. Then add some side curly bangs to this style to complete the look.
Ponytail Styles are good styles if you are looking for a style for working out, or when you have a busy day. Scoop all your hair back and then tie into a ponytail. If you have short hair strands coming out, secure them with snap clips, or let them loose for a relaxed look.
Short Hair Styling Tips:
- Soft, uneven designs such as layers cut around the cheeks are more effective for round faces than pin-straight, flat or sleek styles.
- Layers that fall just around the cheekbones will shade them and make the face appear more narrow.
- Volume on top of the crown will create a domed look that adds height and thus elongates the roundness of the face.
- If you want bangs, graduated bangs cut on an angle that also fall just around the cheeks are your best bet.
- If your neck is also round, uneven layers that fall around the neckline will also understate the plumpness.
If you’re ready now to try out a new style or discuss your hair care needs, contact any of our Brisbane hairdressing salons in Kenmore, Newmarket, Springfield Lakes, Upper Mount Gravatt and Norman Park. You can book online or call us. Details are on our contact page: Click here.